January 14, 2010

Back to school

Well we are back in school and have successfully survived the first two weeks. Eldon is busier than we expected since he picked up a TA job, and I'm having tons of fun with the Basic Woodworking class I was able to add this week because Eldon is close with the teacher. It's a real cool class. I'm working on a coat rack now and am almost done and will be starting on a clock next! It's kinda a big jump from a single blank of wood to doing joints and putting an oval in the middle of a piece of wood but I'm excited. Eldon is having fun with his IBC classes-business something, he and his group have to come up with a business and sell their goods/services on campus. He gets to go camping with his group here pretty soon to do some team building exercises and bonding. Other than the snow covered ground part, he's pretty excited about it. My econ class is okay-the topics are interesting but the class and how the material is presented is boring so weird mix. Other classes are pretty good, just trying not to freeze on my way to them. So all in all, we are doing pretty good, getting settled into our small but comfortable apartment, and doing homework and making the best of our last semester in Idaho.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, before you know it you'll be outta there and it will be a memory..so keep on making them good ones by having fun at what you do! Chelsea saved up and purchased (yesterday) her very own HP laptop, she is so pumped up about having that, she put it under her pillow last night I think? She can't wait for the new challenge of college, we are excited with her...but we will be down to just the dumb dog Bruce!! what ever will become of us? I just started trying to do that shredding exercise stuff..wow, what a pathetic, fat, out of shape, piece of work I am!!! Got to change that. But it is hard to give up on a lifestyle I enjoy; I'm just not a quitter!

    ReplyDelete